As much as Social media applications that help boost your business’s visibility online require a more practical approach, it is important to try to read up on what’s new on these apps. I imagine that you are to begin sifting through the plethora of new information regarding these apps, so I have taken it upon myself to read through and share only information I feel you will find useful for your business. Twitter is an important social media application you should be interested in at the moment, as the app is constantly tweaked by it’s creators to create a more interesting user experience. This post is going to focus on features on Twitter that can help you make your brand more exciting while you are on it.
- Add Images – Like most apps out there now, you can add images to tweets you put out there. So if you want to let users know of the latest deals in your store, your post should contain images that will appeal to them and spur them to take action on your post. Remember, the quality of your images are important.
- Add Videos – At the moment, you can record a video that is at least 30secs and directly upload it on Twitter. Now, depending on how you choose to use this feature, the video function helps your brand become more lively. I will suggest that you use either an iOS device, or an android device that is from 4.0 upwards to be able to use this function. There are also talks now that Twitter is looking to add funky new photo and video editing tools to the mix, which will be awesome because you will be able to add a touch of your creativity to your videos.
Send DMs – The direct message feature can be used to get the necessary feedback you need from your users. While I will not encourage you to be intrusive by sending random messages all the time, you can use the Direct Message feature to peddle your services from time to time. You can also share exclusive deals with selected followers to spur them to take action on your posts.
- Create Lists – Your lists will help you follow relevant discussions without getting list in the clutter of Tweets that take over your timeline (especially if you have so many followers). You can create a list that suits your interests, so you know who to share what with.
- Use Third Party Apps – Third party applications are apps that help you maximize your twitter presence. There are a lot of third party applications out there, but the ones I have found very useful are Tweetdeck and Hootsuite. These apps make it easy for you to manage more than one Twitter account and follow conversations with ease. You can also successfully monitor trends with these apps, so you know what’s buzzing in realtime.
- Twitter Analytics – I briefly mentioned this in my post yesterday. Twitter analytics makes it easy for you to monitor your activities on Twitter. It helps you decide what works and what does not work for your campaigns. It also helps you decide what audience your posts appeal to, and you can then decide what strategy you can use to boost your brand’s visibility on the site.
- Twitter Ads – Advertising is very important on every social media application. Learn more about Twitter Ads and how you can use them here – Twitter Ads
Twitter is a very useful tool for you if you are building your brand from scratch. It is also very important if you own a thriving business but need it to be visible to more people online. What’s more, Twitter is a free app, so you can easily download it on your phone and start today! Sign up for Twitter now if you do not have an account yet.