Google is working to encourage and nurture a new generation for Women in Technology. The Women Techmakers Scholars Program – formerly the Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship Program – is one of the ways the Tech giant is furthering Dr. Anita Borg’s vision of creating gender equality in the field of computer science.
The scholarship program is aimed at encouraging women to excel in computing and technology, and become active leaders and role models in the field.
Women Techmakers Scholarship recipients will each receive 7,000 EUR award (or local equivalent) for the 2018-2019 academic year, and will be invited to attend the annual Women Techmakers Scholars’ Retreat in summer 2018 to connect with fellow scholars, network with Googlers and participate in a number of workshops.
Who Should Apply?
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Identify as female
- Currently enrolled at an accredited university for the 2017-2018 academic year
- Intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time or part-time student in a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD program at a university in Europe, Middle East or Africa for the 2018-2019 academic year
- Students studying computer science, computer engineering or a closely related technical field
- Demonstrate a strong academic record
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate passion for increasing the involvement of women in computer science
To find out more about the scholarship, click here.